View Single Post
      11-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #72
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I wouldn't go that far. I don't think you guys have NEARLY enough information to just dismiss them, especially when your main reasoning seems to be that they're just too expensive to make.

You're not schooling anyone in physics and thermodynamics here until you've got some data, and so far I don't see that you do. You're guessing just like everyone else, and attempting to back your guesses up with theorys that may or may not hold up in this situation.

The tubes are small, and anytime you've got high velocity flow through a small tube there's going to be a pressure drop. You can't deny that. The only question here is whether or not there's enough pressure drop to justtify the cost involved with making the tubes larger, and the bottom line is you just don't know.

If you've modeled the tubes and simulated the drops across the entire boost and RPM ranges, then I'll retract that, but I'm betting you haven't.

The wrap-around tubes are an OBVIOUS choke point, and you guys are damaging your credibility trying to convince people who know better that they aren't.

There is no guessing involved here at all. All the data we've collected is from over 150 passes on the dyno with our TT upgrades along with all the different box designs we've discussed here. I'll say it again, the only one that was able to support the max power gains was our intake. We are the only company that has actually even tested the hp and tq increases with the intake ducts completed disconneted on the dyno with absolutely no net gain in power or torque. So, please explain to me how we are guessing? Shiv has already posted this information previously for others to view.

The bottom line is that We Do Know the inlet diameter of the compressor is 1.45" and to say that increasing the intake diameter above that level will produce more hp on stock turbos is absolutely false. The fact is yourself and several others assume you know about dimensions and values of the stock intake system, when your basing your information on pictures. The information we've presented is factual and true based on hands on measurements taken from factory parts we've done R&D testing with.

Last edited by asr engineering; 11-20-2009 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0