04-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #531
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by drFUNK View Post
I got a call earlier this week from my dealer saying, "it's ready today if you can swing it" - I changed all sorts of plans and made my way to the dealer as fast as possible. I honestly didn't think of the color too much when ordering, but find myself slightly self conscious of it's flashiness while in traffic.

I'm excited to hear your reactions after a few days with the car. Coming from a MKVI GTI (and spending a few months waiting with a Toyota Highlander), I'm completely blown away.

I'm taking a road trip through PA this weekend and fully plan to win in battle against 18 wheelers for auditory control of the Allegheny Mountain Tunnel.

I didn't quite believe the others when they said it, but it's impossible not to grin once you hear the engine growl to life when starting the car. I find myself constantly turning off the fantastic Harman Kardon stereo just to hear the exhaust note.
Congrats bro. Very happy for you. I remember when you said you were watching exhaust vids while you we're waiting an I posted mine for you. Yes bro u can't not smile when you start it. It's great. And I love how sometimes even after its warm when you start it it will still rev up kinda high sometimes which n54s dont do once warm if you listen close you can tell the diff. I sometimes take short vids with my phone an play em back. I'm a dork I know. Sense I didn't have an is I got a dinan exhaust an it's amazing. I need to make a vid of it but can't drive right now as I broke my left foot an had surgery so no clutch action. I think u guys performance exhaust may be louder. The dinan is quite mellow unless wot but its very harmonic and really brings out the beautiful straight 6 pur which is what i was after more than volume and makes great pops an gurgles too. Did you get the black with blue stitch interior?

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0