View Single Post
      01-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #38
Cervelo
Registered
Rep
Drives: MY12 135i DCT

Hi Guys,

Have a great day tomorrow. Should be dry and hot out here expecting 35-36 degrees.

The track was resurfaced a few weeks ago and is in great condition. I haven't been up there for a couple of weeks but imagine they will be working on it in readiness for the Bathurst 12hr next weekend. Just a friendly reminder that it's a public road with a 60km speed limit and the residents are all to happy to contact the police if motorists are doing the wrong thing. The Highway Patrol often park along the top between Reid and McPhillamy Park and along Conrod Straight catching motorists coming out of Forrest Elbow and onto the straight too quickly. I find a bit of fun can be had up through The Cutting and down through The Esses and The Dipper

If your looking for other things to do I recommend a 20minute drive out to Chiefly Dam (Bathurst's water supply), very popular with water skiing and fishing and has a kiosk and play equipment for those with kids. It's only a few k's past the village of 'The Lagoon'.

Ellie's Café in William St opposite Kings Parade (a park) is a popular spot and do a great coffee with plenty of parking out the front or the streets surrounding the park. it's not hard to find as Ellie's bright red Mustang is often parked out front. For those with a sweet tooth Annies Ice Cream Palour is a Bathurst institution and it's all made in house. My personal favourites are the Bridle Track and Sofala Gold . They are on the corner of George & Churct St next to Kings Parade. And no I have no allegiance to either of these local businesses.

Anyway I'm sure you will all have a great day and if I'm not out at the dam skiing I might try and catch up and say hello from a long time forum lurker but rare contributor.

Cheers
Dave
Appreciate 1