07-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
This is an exclusive from Autoexpress, just go back and find some, well all of their 'exclusive' pictures......That says it all about autoexpress and photoshop!

I know a few people from other manufacturers who autoexpress have miss quoted a number of times, or add to the limited facts they have been given.

Wait until a mag like Evo has anything to add about the M235i, Autoexpress is the 'News of the World' for auto mags, somewhat surprised they don't do a page 3 topless model spread

"However, we did take the 18-inch wheels and special Michelin tyres from the 1M for the M235i, as they offer better performance than the 19-inch versions."

Well this is now a Bimmerpost article as well. So perhaps now it's credible?

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867904

Personally.. I don't really care where it was posted/printed.... What I do care about is who is doing the talking..

The upcoming M235i Coupe will beat the 1M Coupe around the Nurburgring, so says Klaus Froehlich, Senior Vice President Brand and Product Strategies at BMW. In speaking to Autoexpress, he states that:
“I have just signed off the M235i’s M Sport performance kit, which will include a proper limited slip differential - LSD. I’m just working out whether to make this an option on all models.
The M235i is as close a spiritual successor to the 2002ti that we’ve had. My initial benchmark was that it will be faster than the BMW 1M Coupe around the Nurburgring, which it is.

Clearly this is a DECLARATIVE statement. could it be false? we shall see.. but i rather doubt it for the reasons I listed previously. Time marches on.. performance improves...
Appreciate 0