View Single Post
      04-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Talking New member of the family

Sorry for the shitty cell phone pic. I'll post some nicer ones when I get her washed, waxed, and photogenic.

2012 Volvo C7 T5. A complete 180 from my catless, lowered, rub-happy 400+ whp monster, but that's not a bad thing at all! It's technically my dad's car, but I got the spare key!

We looked at every hardtop convertible on the market, but this one came out the winner in its price range. It drives almost exactly like a non-sport package 328i hard top, except FWD instead of RWD, which is to say very nicely. It was also cheaper, more nicely appointed, and is supposed to be more reliable (but we will see). My mom used to drive S60s almost exclusively (three in a row!) so we knew we were getting quality. However, what surprised me was just how nice it was on the inside, how quiet it was, how nice the sound system was, and that it was actually pretty fun to drive!

It really came down between those two because we don't need the extra power or price of a 335i, a Lexus IS vert is WAY too expensive for what you get, a VW Eos just isn't nice enough, Mercedes are too expensive except the SLK but that's a 2-seater, and we didn't want a soft-top. Volvo won over the Bimmer.

I already joined a Volvo forum, but they're pretty dead compared to 1Addicts. I guess that's to be expected, though, right?

My baby is in the background:

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0