View Single Post
      11-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #32
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
yes, they match the original factory warranty. Same terms and conditions including in service date.
The warranty is through DINAN, not BMW. You will not find "BMW" listed in any part of Dinan's warranty nor "Dinan," in Bmw's.

When the 135i was initially released most if not all customers with the Dinan tune that experienced the HPFP issue before made public by bmw.. had to fight for their vehicle to be fixed by BMW or Dinan. Dinan blammed Bmw for the bad pump and bmw blammed it on dinan's tune.

note: Not all bmw dealers are dinan dealers. therefore not all bmw dealers will honor dinan's warranty or sell their products. An individual franchise cannot provide a different level of warranty than the next... however if they sell a non oem part the warranty coverage will be particular to the manufacturer of the part.... in this case DINAN.

It is no different in audis case with stasis. They offer a 4yr 50k warranty that runs with the manufactures original warranty... this seems to make one think that AUDI warraties stasis' products which in reality, the stasis warranty is just based on the time/mile portion of audis warranty... stasis warranties the products not audi.

I'm only trying to clarify this as there has been many people mislead by dealers/dinan... either way the do make a decent product, usually under tuned, over-priced in some cases, and overall ... conservative. compared to other options they usually are the "safer," bet.