View Single Post
      06-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #23
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop View Post
Has anyone heard of "megan racing coilovers". http://www.1xracing.com/megan_racing.../i-520081.aspx

Adjustable dampening, adjustable camber, full height adjustment, all for $800?? That is a wayy better deal than the ST coils.....
I encountered Megan Racing when I was looking for coils last year. The general consensus was "STAY AWAY!" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Other than ride height adjustment, I struggle to see why anyone would want this over a matched shock / spring kit.

I had st V1 on my 335i and thought the ride was not good. It was not terrible, but was bouncier than stock and stiffer than stock. It also didnt really handle any better.

I drove a proper matched spring and shock combo on a 135 and it rode signficantly better.

I do not understand cheap coilover kits.
^Huh? Coilovers are a set of matched springs and shocks in one package. They are perfectly matched by the same manufacturer (KW is a reputable brand), unlike springs and shocks which (what I'm seeing on here at least) is usually something like a Koni shock with a H&R/Eibach spring. Maybe the pre-set dampening of your old coils just wasn't to your liking, or maybe they just sent you some bad coils. But in almost every case, coils are better than springs+shocks especially because they are tuned in house to be perfectly matched. I know because I spent months researching (albeit casually), and I was set on getting Koni Sports (the yellow ones) + H&R Sport springs, before talking to lots of people and deciding on getting my ST's.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0