View Single Post
      04-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
CACTUS1549
That Sedona Red blur that just passed you...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe - Sedona & MODS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MonsterNtheMaking View Post
everyone has their own tastes--you need to get what you feel will look good and not worry. No matter what you get, someone will love it and someone will hate it. You see the car the most and you should be satisfied with the purchase way before anyone else's opinion matters.

Those wheels leave a JDM feel because of the large openings in between the spokes, it lets a lot of visibility into the caliper/rotor set up. If you get those wheels, a nice caliper paint (or powder coat job) and some fresh rotors will make them look even better. Google search images for "1 series black wheels" and you should get a lot of results around what you're asking.

As far as the center cap goes, it depends on the size the Avanti ones are. I believe the stock BMW ones are 70mm, so they'll fit if that's what the Avanti's are.
I agree completely! Luckily, I already have stoptech drilled and slotted rotors, and I have sprang from the MGP custom caliper covers. I got them to paint the caliper covers in real Dakar Yellow II and in the center of each it says "BMW" in black lettering. That's the main reason why I think these rims would look so good, is because the open space would compliment the nice looks of the brake assembly.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0