View Single Post
      07-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #11
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Being that this thread has derailed, I'll continue the theme of motorcycle and bug stories:

Storytime #1: Riding along and feel a hot sensation on the inside of my knee, I figure it's a hot part of the bike touching me somehow in a way I hadn't felt before so I just casually move my knee away from the bike and look down - just in time to see the BIGGEST FUCKING WASP I'VE EVER FUCKING SEEN as it crawled back into my bikes fairings. Damn near laid the bike down as I pulled over and then threw water at it to get it out. Spent the evening tearing the fairings off looking for other wasps or a nest. The sting hurt for a week but didn't swell much.

Storytime #2: Chuffing along on my way to work at a smooth 30mph. I always wear a full face helmet and today I had my front vents open a little. I see a bit of debris coming toward me at what seemed similar in speed to a paintball, just fast enough to catch the movement, not slow enough to dodge. The debris goes right into the vent of my helmet and the air swoops it into the inside of my helmet, it didn't hit my face, it just came to rest on the little "shelf" just inside the visor. It's at this moment I realize the "debris" is a yellowjacket and it's sitting an inch from my eye. Again, I almost laid the bike down as I spazzed and tried to open my visor and shake it out. Luckily it had died on the impact though otherwise this may have been a very different story lol...