07-31-2017, 04:45 PM   #18
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I think the key to spiders in a house is physical removal. Every year I get my windows cleaned, inside and out, usually towards the end of the summer. The service I used to use was a middle-aged couple who were not willing to go up very high on ladders, so they didn't get up to where the spiders hang out where the walls hit the ceiling. An illness in the guy who used to do the work caused me to look elsewhere and I hired this group of young eastern Europeans, owned by a guy from Moldavia and his Romanian worker(s). They are in their 20s and not afraid of ladders :-)

They started doing my windows 2 years ago and they make a point of knocking down all the spider webs when they get up high on the ladders. The result has been a reduction of about 90% in the number of spiders I see in my house. A friend who used to work for a pest control company confirmed to me that physical removal of spider webs is the best and most effective way to deal with these creatures.
Yeah, well I guess I should consider myself lucky that the little shit just bit me and didn't lay eggs in my ear.