03-30-2010, 10:58 AM   #114
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I will give a try again tomorrow. I'll use my small dental mirror to see where that dam pin is! It must be on top of the line. Out of sight. I can only see the groves/slot for the pin. No pin though.

I am also thinking of unbolting the L-bracket from one of the clutch slave bolts. That way the whole line w/CDV can dop down and I can better see whats going on.

I have some small jewelers screw drivers. I hope they will do the trick. Thanks for al the help.

bye,
David
David:

I think you are just overlooking something. If you go back to the OP first post and view the pictures from the DIY install you can see the retainer clip on the CDV itself. You can also see a groove on the CDV body toward the right side narrower end. The bracket that hold this part of the CDV valve has an almost identical retainer clip built into it that, when slid into position fits right into that groove.

It is really quite simple and straightforward so I believe you must just not yet have found that clip in the bracket. Check again before going to all the trouble of dismounting the lines etc.

"The Dingo ate your Mustang"
Appreciate 0