View Single Post
      04-26-2009, 07:36 AM   #25
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

Hi Taka,
I take your point about carrying kids and stroller etc. It isn't easy. I've done exactly that, and never owned a 4wd or people mover. However, we did have the luzuary of always having 2 cars - and at one stage, even owned a Volvo (Oh the shame of it) and a box trailor (for holidays). We certainly were Mr & Mrs Suburbia.

On the Cayenne GTS - you're right, I haven't driven one. But, I'm not surprised that they are as good as you say. And if they were representative of the average 4wd on our roads, then safety would not be an issue. I also suspect that folks who buy them are different in their attitude to cars and driving than most 4wd owners. Unfortunatley, at the price they are (what? $200K plus), they are out of the reach of most 4wd owners.

My point really is, if people drive with competence and consideration, it really doesn't matter what they drive. It just seems that 4wd's seem to attract prats. That's not to say all 4wd owners are prats, just that prats are over-represented in the 4wd community.

Also - I stand corrected regarding the ADR borad - I bow to your greater knowledge -- lazy idiots it is.....lol

Cheers,
B.
Appreciate 0