Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj303 View Post
it's a bit hard to compare insurance premiums... x5mad, where are you located? I'm sure you're not in Sydney... if you are then WOW!
I am in QLD. Yeah, I was pretty pleased with the quote I got. Don't know why it was so cheap, but I am definately not complaining!

A few details:
1. Obtained and bought the insurance on line with AAMI through their website. Fully comprehnsive.
2. 31 yrs of age, Protected NCD for life. 135i Convertible Automatic. Garaged at night. No windscreen excess. $500 excess for everything else. Car insured for the full amount paid and new replacement in the first 2 years. Essentially a bog standard policy.
3. I'm not sure whether it matters as the quote did not ask about other policies with AAMI. But I have insurance with AAMI for both my 08 X5 3.0si and 03 E46 318ti sports compact. The funny thing is that the E46 being the least expensive here is actually the most expensive to insure out of all my cars ($890), the X5 was $780.
4. No special conditions attached to the policy.
5. It is certainly not a discount policy as I have read through the policy very carefully. It pretty much covers the basics + I opted for no windscreen excess. I did not need the hire car option as I have several cars and my NCD is protected for life.

I rang them up to see whether I could do better and mentioned to them I already had 2 policies with them. The qoute I got over the phone was just over $800. So of course I paid on line.

So all in all I am very happy with all 3 policies. I have no idea why it is so cheap, I did shop around and the next cheapest quote was about $1200 with suncorp.
Appreciate 0