Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by owen2001 View Post
Thanks for all the input. Ultimately, I think I'm going to go with the 205/50-17s. I'm willing to sacrifice looks and handling for a few months, especially since I don't plan on driving much during the winter anyway.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 and add the silver Sports Edition F10s.

Now, one more question. TireRack states that I need the TPSM package for an additional $230. If I don't plan on doing much winter driving, is this a necessity? Or can I skip the TPSMs entirely? Will I have to deal with a warning light all winter long? Thoughts on this? Thanks again!
i am going to be putting on winter tires in early November.....but have decided NOT to go with 205s all the way around, because i think these cars simply need more rubber in the rear.

if you live in a place that snows A LOT, then you can do 205s all around....but honestly in the DRY----if you have 205s all the way around, your rear is going to be twitchy all winter long as that's too little rubber in the wet and in the dry when it is COLD out. just my 2 cents..........

i am probably going to do 205 in the front and 225 in the rear.
Appreciate 0