Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
T email me that PDF!!

I ran straight mids with the borla rear on my 135. It was loud but I was fine with it. I never went with DPs bc I was worried about how much louder it could get.

I dont see DPs in my future with the M and I do think Ill run straight mids. The biggest reason i havent jumped on the Akra slip on yet is because with the valve open and straight mids Im essentially running nothing but pipe. Im worried how that will sound plus I wonder if I could just get that with any pipe and save myself the 4k. How much of the sound on youtube is attributed to the Akra mids, I have to figure that out for myself before I purchase this thing.
I will e-mail you the PDF file, it's 15MB so hopefully it will go through.

With the valves open (or blocking plate dremeled open) it is not a complete bypass, you will see that exhaust gasses flow through both muffler and straight pipes, thus the acoustics will definitely be impacted (i.e. you are not running nothing but pipe). Take a look at this schematic, you will see how the blocking plate and valve feature works. The valve open plate (called Wireless Pipe part# P-HF621) replaces the blocking plate (called Link Pipe part# P-HF620)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Akrapovic Slip_On BMW 1M Schematic.pdf (1.55 MB, 531 views)
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0