11-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #13
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Honestly, not sure if you've ever been on the track but it doesn't take pushing to extremes for something bad to occur. Someone just posted in the track section a video of a s2k that went off track after a deer ran across the course (which is more frequent than you think). If anything, lack of experience may cause the driver to turn hard while braking, which would upset the balance of the car. Next thing you know you're sideways on the gravel and the car flips over - it happens.

If you're looking to get on track, maybe you should consider installing a rollbar?
Yeah I get it, stuff does happen even at the professional level. India practice was red flagged because a dog showed up on the track for example.

And its not like I dont have any experience, ive been autoxing for a while and my friend and I have a E30 that weve been driving in amateur leagues. Hoping to go up to semipro this summer (if we can get the sponsoring cash to prep the car for it) Right now its just our spare cash going into tires and such.
Basically just saying that I know exactly what can go wrong haha, ive done half of it already.

But yeah, ive been debating taking the rear seat out and welding myself up a cage for the car.

Appreciate 0