01-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #12
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
I was in kind of a similar situation. Bring my car in for a 10,000 maintenance...

1. Oil Change and whatever else needed to be done at 10k miles
2. Seat Belt Recall
3. Had issues with windows not opening below 30F (software fix)
4. Problems with passenger airbag sensor

First off they did the first 2 things no problem. Then I get that they need to order a new passenger airbag sensor for my car of course the dealer DOESN'T HAVE IT IN STOCK... so they give me a 10 day shipping window and give me a loaner.

I get a phone call a day later I guess when they get around to the windows... as soon as they updated the computer they blew out my radio... and what do you know the BMW dealer did not have a new radio in stock... so they give me another 10 day shipping window to get the new parts.

Now after 3 days they get this fixed. (Pretty fast and efficiently) many many phone calls unreturned calls... thank god for my service representative or the parts people would hate me. Got my car back, was pissed that they left it looking like complete $hiT inside... really messy. After driving it home I find out that when I turn OFF the radio there is white noise still coming out of the speakers... Take my car in the next day (I don't schedule appointments anymore because of there issues with taking car of my car on time) and find out they have to replace the radio AGAIN! They obviously don't have a new radio at the dealer and have to order a new one...

The one good thing I can say is that they did offer a delivery service for a rental car (I was tired of driving up there 20+ times) and they dropped it off signed and picked up my car)

Now I just wait without my car saddened that this ever happened to a 2009 128i...
Appreciate 0