View Single Post
      04-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
07'335iAlpine
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i M-Sport

Hi,

Hello, i got an extended warranty for my 07'335i when it was at 49990 lol barely made it to the dealer to read my key. Read the fine print when you purchase it, i did not do this as i just asked the guy selling me the warranty all the questions i had and felt comfortable with that. DONT DO WHAT I DID! READ THE FINE PRINT. I paid around 2,500 or so for the extended warranty, and later beat myself up over not reading the warranty pamphlet more closely. Turns out every time i had an issue with the car. just to take it in and get it diagnosed was 50$. then if there were any parts that needed to be replaced. e.g. HEADLIGHT 1,500 plus labor. the extended warranty covers half the cost so guess who covers the other half.............this is what i did not read in the pamphlet. 50$ just to take it in to find out whats wrong. then extended warranty doesn't cover your parts or labor. just 50%, i mean its better than nothing but to pay almost 3k for the extended warranty to cover only half your bill. Not to mention the N54 is a nice motor but so much problems arise all the time it seems. at least thats what I've noticed, and i have a '10 135i now by the way.....i just hit 43k and ill be looking into getting the extended warranty b4 the 50k or trading it in.(as much as i love the car i think ill be trading it in. Only cause i've had so many issues while owning a n54) Hope this helps.

Jacob
Appreciate 0