View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Thanks for the compliments guys... To me the E46 M3 is questionably one of the prettier cars to come from Munich in recent years.
The SEATS are Porsche GT3 seats which I retrofitted with extra lumbar and tushy padding. After a 3 hour drive you feel fine! They WILL go into the 1 if I get it...

I went to a local dealer with a friend who knew the salesman. We asked if we could drive both the E92 M3 and the 135 back to back.
Once behind the wheel of the new M3, my buddy asked if we could race the new M vs mine!! He grinned and we went for it.
The outcome was as follows: From 40 to 110, the new M gained a solid car from bumper to bumper. I expected more from the V8.

Bottom line, not enough for me to consider the new M3 at 70k or what not...

Then we drove the 135 auto which felt slow and smooth compared to both other cars. Granted we had 3 people in the car. The auto eliminates the sensation of acceleration since there is little to no pause for shifts. I dislike that, even if its quicker. The paddles were also bugging me out because I have SMG in my M... ayayay! Push pulll... You forget during spirited driving..

Despite the initial expectation of more tug, I enjoyed the 1 in the back roads, and felt that with a few mods it could be a hell of a ride and cheaper monthly that my M is which Ive had 2 years now.

Just wondering what observation is making people buy. What unique traits are pushing people over the edge to toss out the old and get the new...
Appreciate 0