Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
^^^

Great comparo's guys, keep them coming!

Timberwolf, thanks for your write up on adding bolt ons. There's no doubt that tuning the turbo engine will give you more gains. How would you compare the ride and handling on the m's compared to the 1?
Great question... Again I'm going off of 1 ride in the 1, and 2 years in the M3 with stock suspension and Tein S Tech springs.
The M3 has a very taught feeling, like the car is very wide, and has claws at the furthest extremities that dig into the pavement. Over bumps the car is a tad harsh, but sports car like and refined. My girlfriend never complained, even with the GT3 seats.(I did though! Hate North Eastern pot holes!)

The 135 did not feel as taught or as wide, yet felt more nimble, and less nose heavy, thus happier in quick switch backs.
It feels like BMW diluted the sports car experience to lure the mature driver, knowing the enthusiast would do their own thing with coilovers or whatever the new BMW parts catalogue has to offer.

But again, I think the 135 is a great starting point. My BMW technician friend said the suspension components are all aluminum, which is ideal, and that some parts could potentially be interchangeable with the E92 M3 components if one desired.
Appreciate 0