View Single Post
      04-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #24
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW128i View Post
Same thing happens to my car on occasion. Just a vibration when turning the wheel just off center when the car is stopped or barely moving. My car is running factory suspension and currently on 17" wheels. It doesn't happen all the time. I seem to think it's the particular road surface I'm on, but that could just be me talking out my a$$.
You just live with it? If we're talking about the same thing.. it's the steering wheel AND the whole car shaking when you turn the wheel just slightly off from center at very low speed. I have AT and it happens most when I give it no gas and let the car "creep".

How long has this happened for you? I'm assuming nothing terrible has happened thus far. Crazy. It's happened on all sorts of surfaces with me, and the fact that you have 17"s and I have 19"s means it probably isn't a wheel size issue..

This is reminding me of the infamous clicking/card in bicycle spokes sound that used to happen to me whenever I took a turn at ANY speed. A lot of people got it, all different tires, wheels, suspension components. Don't think we ever figured it out. It stopped once I took my Breyton rims + hankook tires off. But everyone else was running different wheels, tires, and suspension components so it couldn't have been that... this car is seriously weird.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0