pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
Running a similar setup and have been contemplating the Ohlins, but I run really wide rubber in front and may have to change spring rates.

Questions: What do you think of Ohlin's spring rates F/R? Have you had the car on a track? Do you feel like you store a lot of energy side to side in turns in the suspension or do you slide the car more easily?
Ohlins supplied springs are a bit on the soft side for track usage imo. they're 345/400. I upgraded my rears to swift 550 and it was a noticeable improvement. planning on upgrading the fronts to swift 500 this year. keep in mind you'll lose some of the 15 point adjustments with stiffer springs. since you have a LSD I would recommend even going to a 600 for the rear but otherwise the extra mechanical grip for me is welcomed since I don't have a LSD

Last edited by pixelblue; 01-14-2013 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: correction to ohlins spring rates
Appreciate 0