View Single Post
      03-31-2024, 12:44 PM   #27
Hellshalfacre
Nothin to see here
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 sdrive28i, 2011 E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
Wow that looks pretty intensive work for me 😂 Thabks for sharing. I will look into that. 👍
It doesn't have to be if you have just a small area that needs resealing. For me, the more I tried to crop out the old failed sealant, the more failed areas I found. I finally ended up removing all sealant to the point that the glass was loose in the roof so I could clean everything really well. I used the center (orange) glass clamp just to position the window and add a little upward force. Then a small flat hook at the driver's side top to bring that side down about 5mm or so. This got the glass in the perfect position. Then it was just seal, clamp, and trim off excess. Looks fine. I'll get a shot of the finished product. Really not terribly difficult and cost 60 bucks for everything. I had the large glass clamp from another project. If/when it fails I'll probably do one more round of the same before replacing the top. The rest of the top is in great condition and operates perfectly so I wanted to at least try this method. The tops been up and down about a dozen times since the repair and so far so good. The Florida summer will be the real test though.
Appreciate 1
GoRomeo1008.50