Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goeslikeschnell View Post
I'm not sure if he rubs or not.. but I know that this guy doesn't.

in all seriousness, were you trying to go for a functional set up? what offsets did you go with? did you consider negative camber? and what about a 255 tires on a 9.5? fits just fine on a 9.5 without any stretch. have you considered how much more you're going to rub after you lower it? i hope you didn't pay more than 2k for this set up.... especially for gravity cast wheels... just sayin

satin bronze isn't a bad choice in color. I kinda like it. but i hope you know sandblasting a wheel to strip the color, messes with the integrity of the wheel. Just try not to hit too many potholes.

GLWS!!!!
Sandblasting? Dont know bout that. Vmr takes their wheels and before adding any color they powdercoat them, no need for any sandblastng.

And about ur other comment, I tried 225/255 tires on another set of vmr wheels last summer, yes they were conti dw's but they were still stretched a bit, and TR recommends a 265 size tire for a 9.5" width wheel, 255 for a 9" tire. I went for a functional setup that looks badass. The tires are wide, they fit in line with the wheel edges and fit just inside the fenders, no rubbing, no problems. I already said that if and when I do my suspension mods, they will include not only mild springs for a .5-.75" drop, but also the m3 bits which will add some neg camber to the front and rear to keep from any possibility of fender rubbing. And also like I said, I havent even rolled my fenders yet because there is no need. The shop I had install them knows their shit, I asked them to roll the fenders and yet after installed the setup and measure the small gap and driving it, they decided it wasnt necessary.

Lastly, I know these wheels are not forged, they are a softer metal and I know that theres a good chance they could bend if I hit a big pothole or something. Fact is I didnt have $2500+ to spend on just wheels. I spent a while looking at all my choices including the Apex wheels, etc. I decided these would look great, and fit great as a less expensive wheel.
Appreciate 0