View Single Post
      05-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #18
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie135Hi View Post
Need to hurry and get my JB4, new Mustang people are becoming the worst kind to talk to. I respect the Boss 302, but...come on man.
With a JB4 it'll be possible to take one of the new GTs from a dig, but on the highway it may be a different story. They have the displacement advantage at higher speeds. The mustangs are nice though, but I couldn't see myself driving one every day like I do this car. With JB4 and a few supporting mods I think you could take any stock or lightly modded 5.0. When you start talking about Boss 302 and the monster GT500, realize that at this point, the Mustang is costing more than your BMW... so what do you expect when something costs more? Ironically, this is exactly against the original mission statement of mustangs which are supposed to be the affordable, powerful car for the masses.

Either way, the 1er is more comfortable, more versatile, less "look at me," and you don't see yet another one every 10 cars that pass by (at least where I live). You don't need to be the fastest out there to have a great car. Remember when the 333 hp of the E46 M3 was a LOT? Things change, and one day the horsepower wars will end anyway.

I should also say.. Mustangs are one of my favorite cars. But at this point, the pricing and the power in these cars has gone beyond what they used to be and what I loved about them. Affordable, relatively powerful, sporty cars with attitude. At the price point of these newer mustangs I'd rather have a corvette, or even an M3. Sure I might not be as fast as a 650 hp shelby, but I'll have a real chassis with a nice non-solid rear axle, and I'll probably have more fun with it too. What good is 650 horses on a production car for the street? Give me a 4.6L GT from a few years back for like 25 grand (new! back then) and that's all I'd need in a stang.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 05-29-2012 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0