View Single Post
      11-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #90
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazitp View Post

I also feel a lot of kids these days are never forced to earn things for themselves. I feel certain things should be earned. I'll probably buy my kid a car at the appropriate age, but it won't be a performance luxury sports sedan. It'll be practical, safe, and reliable. If he/she wants a nicer car, they will have the opportunity to go to college, get a job, and buy one for themselves. I find people appreciate their posessions more when they are earned, not handed to them.
so, you write the above but yet you are buying a car for your kid?....the 135 isnt safe, practical and reliable?...if it isnt, maybe I should re-think my decision as you know something we all dont....

as for earning things, I feel the effort it takes to become an "A" student and avoid being a "punk-ass" in this hip hop culture is the same as cash....Besides, my son will receive the car after I've lovingly maintained it for 4 years....so, he'll be getting a 4 yr old used car...book value at that time should be equal to a new Honda Accord....I'm certainly not handing anything to my kid, it will be earned in the classroom, and out of respect and goodness.....In my eyes, my son doesnt need to be exploited in some shit job they give to 16 yr olds, while he misses out on study time, practicing his guitar, and after school activities like debate team and yearbook staff....

=
Appreciate 0