View Single Post
      11-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #93
kamakazitp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
so, you write the above but yet you are buying a car for your kid?....the 135 isnt safe, practical and reliable?...if it isnt, maybe I should re-think my decision as you know something we all dont....

as for earning things, I feel the effort it takes to become an "A" student and avoid being a "punk-ass" in this hip hop culture is the same as cash....Besides, my son will receive the car after I've lovingly maintained it for 4 years....so, he'll be getting a 4 yr old used car...book value at that time should be equal to a new Honda Accord....I'm certainly not handing anything to my kid, it will be earned in the classroom, and out of respect and goodness.....In my eyes, my son doesnt need to be exploited in some shit job they give to 16 yr olds, while he misses out on study time, practicing his guitar, and after school activities like debate team and yearbook staff....
I agree with pretty much everything here, except the type of car I'd buy my own kid. Not forcing them to work at McDs to pay a car note when they should be focusing on other things. Current market value isnt the only thing that will factor into my purchase of the car either. I could easily afford a used Camaro SS, but thats not exactly the type of car you should be handing to a new driver (IMO). We pretty much feel the same on everything, except the type of car. Good thing we both are allowed to make our own decisions. Granted, giving your kid a 135i is well under the worst extremes. Its not a gallardo or a juiced up supra (nick hogan) or other SuperSweet16 type handouts (I know some of it is fluff, but this kind of stuff happens ALL THE TIME off camera all over the country). I think you have good intentions, and again wish you the best. Lets just hope the 135i is as good as we all want it to be.
Appreciate 0