United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
why not?
on
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...96&hg=41&fg=20
part 2 has the same part number as for the 135i so think they should line up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8fe View Post
The side skirts are one-off's (custom) -- a combination of my stock 135 side skirt with the wider front section of the 1M side skirt cut and grafted on. I wish I didn't have to do that as I really liked the 1M side skirt design, but it stuck out in the rear and my budget and time tables didn't allow for me to perform a rear conversion as well. Like I said earlier, if they ever get damaged, I'll have to order the 1M side skirts and do a rear conversion as well. Fingers crossed they never get damaged. So essentially, the 4 side skirt were each cut into two pieces (total of 8 side skirt pieces). With ~85% of the stock side skirt in tact the front wider section of the 1M side skirt was grafted on (he said ~20 hours of plastic work) to make a final custom stock 135 side skirt with 1M front section. Personally, I think he did an awesome job, but he said he wasn't looking forward to having to do that again, so don't eff'em up!
A quote from a guy who did a similar job. Apparently the 1M sideskirts front and back mate to 1M fenders, and he had to modify the back ends to fit against the stock 135i rear fenders. I'm guessing the opposite would be true in this case... (Having to modify the front of the side skirts to fit against the stock 135i front fenders)
Appreciate 0