View Single Post
      08-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
TMR013
Opus Angelus
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2

Hankook Evo V12's - My First (and Final) Impressions

OK, after much second guessing, I replaced the OEM runflats with Hankook Evo v12's last week and just got back from a road trip out to the coast. Here are my observations:

There is definately a ride difference with the HK's. As a lot of people have already stated, compared to the run-flats, the ride is softer and smoother. However, you have to really pay attention to get that. It's not the extreme difference some people on the forums have talked about. (Improved? - Not sure, smoother, but see performance below)

There is a very slight tire whine with the HK's that I did not have with the OEM tires. It may just be that they are new, but it is noticable. (Improved? no, definately more noise)

As far as performance, was not much opportunity for spirited driving on this trip. I did take what curves were offered fast to check stickyness. Dry grip seemed OK, but not a noticeable improvement from the run-flates. Again it's hard to say because I really could not test it well, but handling seemed a bit more squirly. Maybe the softer side walls gave me a little more than I was used to. But I ran non-runflat Potenzas on my old S2000, so I know what good tire is supposed to feel like, this one did not give me that level of confidence. I won't pass final judgement (see below)until I get them out on a fun road, and they are broken in a little more, but this initial test has me kind of wondering.

Last edited by TMR013; 08-30-2010 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0