View Single Post
      04-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
barrym
Rep
Drives: bmw

thanks everyone for you input - it does help. What I take away generally is that the 135 seems like the more focussed car for fun .. the 335 adds a few extra comforts but at a premium. Must admit when I see at 335 coupe on the road it just looks like ALL the others that are out there ..but when I see a 135 I go "wow..look at that interesting looking BM' - it just has that advantage of not being so common etc ..which I sort of like.

The other thing I'm thinking is, that all going well and the economy sorting itself out, id be looking to move to new M3 anyway ..so a 135 to M3 over a 5 year period just seems like it holds more fun factor than dabbling with middle road 335 which is trying to be an M3 but is too 'cushy' in many ways as opposed to edgy/sporty like 135

Another thing ..I may want to track or at least motakana the 135 downstream (therefore prob wont get sunroof to drop a few pounds but more importantly add rigidity) ...I just cant see the 335 being a serious track car unless you do a whole bunch of mods as opposed to 135. My kids are small (under 4) so no issues with extra room required ... plus we'll have SUV when space is required.

Now..if only BMW would put the DCT into the 135 for next MY ..my decision would be made that much easier.
Appreciate 0