07-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #24
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trptguy View Post
Yeah spoke with James this morning and no surprise neither aftermarket turbo company will deal with him. The new turbos from BMW have fixed the actuator rod to the wastegate so there should be less problems.

I have also done a ton of research and I just don;t think the aftermarket turbos being rebuilt on existing bad turbos are the way to go. It seems that there are people having problems with those too. Since this is my daily I just don't want to spend more money on labor should a part go bad. So I am going with OEM. Hey with software flash and some more upgrades this car will be more than fast enough for me.
Yeah I understand all that. My car hauls ASS with the tunes and stock turbos lol. What flash are you thinking of doing? I am very familiar with MHD flasher. Do you have a JB4 on the car? If you don't want to run JB4 for whatever reason, I'd still use MHD + the wedge tuning flashes for it. Better tune than all of the off the shelf cobb ones, and WAY cheaper in the long run. I'd be happy to help you out with the flashing if you want to go that route. Very nice tuning method.
Appreciate 0