11-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #45
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I can't help but feel a little funny about the turn the thread has taken. Just thinking about my own neurosis worrying about my 1M...bottles of wine, to daily drive or not to daily drive. I think the important thing is that we chose something that was special to us in 2011 when the M3 snobs were saying our car wasn't not a real M car and the 135i snobs were saying we were idiots for spending $6k more for an M badge when all they had to do was get a tune to be faster. Some of us were adamant we didn't want nav and power seats and the salesmen were telling us we were idiots because a BMW should be loaded. Yet we wanted something different than what conventional wisdom dictated. We bought it because we loved it and now we have been rewarded for being different. In some respect we all share that here and we are lucky for it. Yes it does have its burdens and stresses but let's enjoy our problems with high values....it could be worse.

So here is a toast to all the pyrats out there. Let's enjoy the spoils!

I am with you all my brothers .... just need to figure out how to age my fine wines in the 1M somehow Loving the analogies here ..... what I do know is that the 1M is getting better with age like some of my favorite reds that I put in the corners of my wine room just begging to come out and play Cheers to us all!
Appreciate 0