06-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #342
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
First of all. Its NY-C6. I live in NY and own a Corvette C6. And display a pic of my cars underneath. How exactly is 'Stig' connected to you personally in any possible way?
For the wildly exciting tale of my forum name, I started watching Top Gear in 2003 or 2004 before many in the US watched it. Forum name was to more easily facilitate discussion between fellow enthusiasts of the show, which it did well. Also got the license plate at the same time for the same reason at car meets and such. Riveting tale I know.

If I had thoughts that I was some variety of steller superstar driver who needed a bespoke performance machine I wouldn't be in the 128i or 135i. Both are soft from that perspective.

Quote:
"Doing it with my rather talented buddies and brother". Doing what?
Maybe if you worked on reading, you would see I was responding to someone else asking about the DISA valves. But please, continue to inject yourself stupidly into this thread.

Quote:
The difference in weight between the 128/135 coupe is 121lbs not your imaginary, grossly inflated 230+.
Not according to reputable people actually weighing them. And that is a 2008 128i that had the sunroof standard, I personally went without for even more weight savings.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take-road-test

Quote:
The 128 doesnt perform as well in a straight line, doesnt do the skid pad any faster or slalom at higher speed or is any quicker on a track(given equal drivers) and doesnt brake as well as the 135 with its large Brembos. So where exactly does the 128 excel? Other than nominal increased mileage and lower buy in price that is. I dont know of one performane parameter where it tops the turbo cars. Comparing the 128 to a GT3 to make an irrational point is just nucking futs.
I wasn't comparing the 128 to the GT3, I was further responding to your idiotic post previously that turbo cars like the GT2 and such are always the best choice because they have more power.

Given equal suspension and tire upgrades, the lighter car will be the more nimble one.

And yes, your wonderful "Brembos" on the track. Ignoring the fact that they fail utterly when subjected to track driving. Crumbling pistons and melted rings, count me jealous of your great brakes.

Last edited by TheSt|G; 06-30-2012 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0