View Single Post
      08-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
UltrasportA4
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

2011 135i Questions

I'm looking at potentially purchasing a new 2011 135i coupe (M-Sport pack) with DCT transmission. I'm fairly familiar with BMWs as I came close to purchasing a 2007 335i a few years ago, but decided against it for a few reasons. A few questions I'm hoping you can help me out with on the 135i:

1. 2011 was the first year for the DCT transmission. I know it hasn't been out long, but have there been an issues with it so far? I test drove the car and think the transmission is great, but I want to make sure it will be decently reliable as well.

2. My biggest concern (and main reason I didn't buy a 335) is the potential hpfp issues. Is this still a problem with the N55 single turbo engine? Maybe this has truly been "fixed" by now?

3. For those of you driving 135s in the winter, are these cars decent with snow tires? It would be my year round car, and even though things are pretty flat where I live, we get a decent amount of snow. I'm coming from awd, so I understand it won't be nearly as easy to get around, but I want to make sure I'm not complete stuck if it snows 3 inches.

4. Any other reliability or other issues I should be aware of with the 135?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Appreciate 0