View Single Post
      04-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #50
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinzero View Post
I agree the pricing is the important part. Once you go over the $30K mark, we have plenty of RWD competitions from Japan like the S2000, 350Z, G35/37, and IS250/350. (in the order of sportiness) I think these cars can pretty much cover the whole spectrum of 1er's target demographic, with the exception of the small niche between the 350Z and the G35 in terms of performance/utility. Then of course there is the German premium appeal, but the buyers that are primarily concerned with this will again go for the 3 if the price difference is not substantial.

Under $30K there is a conspicuous lack of a good RWD non-roadster sporty car other than the Mustang and the likes. Therefore I think the base 1er needs to come in slightly under $30K with basic options like sports pack and Xenon if it were to hit the sweet spot of the market.
Both Spin, an Brook nailed it on the head. I have an s2000 and its incredible. I envision my 1er to be just like it in many ways but with 2 back seats and more refined.(the s2k isnt suppose to be refined, i kno)
Appreciate 0