View Single Post
      03-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
NJKSC27
automobile aficionado
Rep
Drives:

My 2 experiences...

well as some of you know i am not 1er owner but through the process i had some nasty experiences. First i went to Circle BMW in eatontown, NJ back in September and left a deposit for first allocation. at the time i was "first on the list" and was drop dead serious about buying. So the sales manager directed me to a senior salesman at the dealer and we chatted for a minute and i signed my purchase order. so far so good. months go by and i hear nothing not even a phone call. i heard about everything concerning the 1er though this site. i called a few times and half those times didnt even get a call back. When i did get a call back it was "we still dont have any allocation or have heard anything"....this went on into january now. I was ignored and completey thrown to the side. So i took my business elsewhere to a friend of a friend at another BMW center. I went into Circle and requested my money back to the sales manager....he of course tried to smooth things over but i wasnt having it. So he went to find my order and says "now, was this for the 135 coupe or sedan?!"!!!!....i laughed and said coupe. he checks his system and says well we have allocation but i cant sell them. WHATEVER! So he apparently puts my check request in. About a month goes bY and i got nothing! i went back in with a mission and demanded the money right there and they finally did it!
ok next, so now i have a deposit with another store with a very nice sales associate thats a friend of a friend. everything is great. my purchase order clearly reads "purchase of the car is based on rates and residuals" because i told him that if the lease is bad i cant do it. ok, everything is still cool. THEN...the lease came out and of course i freaked and cried and cried and had to cancel my order. i felt so bad cause BMW of Freehold was so nice to me and Pete (my salesman) was great. But oh well....so of course they tried everything they could to get me the car but it just wasnt gonna happen and i had to ask for my money back.....then Pete proceeds to tell me, "well on special orders that are canceled we will hold the deposit until the car is sold". WHAT!!!!!! now thats the biggest BS i have ever heard. like they are not gonna sell the car or something?? i didnt order a pink dodge neon 5 speed without A/C!! So as of this day, i am still fighting with them about getting my money back
so overall a very shitty BMW experience.
Appreciate 0