Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris
Hi guys and gals,

I'm looking at a 1M with less than 20k miles. The owner states it has about 120 miles of combined autocross and track time, with the autocross covering the majority of that.

It had front rotors replaced last summer and has had all pads replaced as well. It's for sale at a dealership, but it's not Certified.

Is this a red flag that they didn't certify it? And how much will the track time affect value?

It's fully loaded with all options. They are asking $55,900.

Thanks!!
Chris
I also wouldn't be worried about non-CPO. This was probably done as a reflection of the market for these cars, not the condition of the specific car per-se. I work at a BMW store and know the cost to the dealership to purchase a CPO warranty for a ///M car is much higher than a regular series counterpart. Considering the high demand for the car, the dealership really has no reason to spend that extra money to certify it...it'll sell anyway. That being said, if you want to buy it, you may be able to negotiate with them that they do certify the car...if you're willing to pay for some of it likely.
Concerning the brakes, I'm no expert on the track use and expectation surrounding that...
-Dave