United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Evolution x gsr, 2007 328xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328 xi  [0.00]
2008 Mitsubishi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Mac View Post
Then it's not a less expensive underdog...and reliability goes down. I've owned all 3 of these cars, STi, Evo and now the 135i. They are all fantastic cars with their own character. That said, street racing is not a good way to compare cars. You've got to get them on a track to really do it right. The Evo turns better than both, the STi digs out of a turn the best but the 135i is by far the better all around car save winter driving.
ok, don't just think biased because you are now driving the 1 series... If we talk track performance the 08 evo x mr DESTROYS both sti and 135

Ex. evox sst vs auto 135 below, not the best video but you get the point

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvwBcNudC0E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvwBcNudC0E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

If were thinking total package, how is the 1 series the best overall total package when 1. You can't drive it as safely as the sti or evo in the winter and 2. It's literally got no space whatsoever...

I'd like to see a 1 series do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnguyen1028 View Post
You're using the old "I can put 5 grand in a mustang/honda and run 10's" argument.
No I'm not, I'm using the old... "If a guy wants to buy a car specifically to mod and go out on track visits then the sti is a better choice then the 135" argument.

ps the sti is leagues better then a mustang or honda.