mrHellas
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 N54-135i M-Sport, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Gave her a wash today.

And another look at the front lip for those interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Haha, thanks, her name is Car. Creative, I know, lol.

Yes, those are the aFe intake scoops. There's plenty of argument whether or not they do anything. Frankly, I don't think they do, I just like how they sit in there. There is another company that makes scoops like those, but they are plastic and have a smooth curve to them. I had those once, hated them. Their installation process includes drilling a hole and screwing in a screw into the frame. I'm sorry, I'm not doing that. So I sent them back and bought the aFe ones. They are built so much better, higher quality, and they are held in with the existing hardware for the intake. Simple.

I don't know what that cable is behind the kidney grills. Something stock from the car.

As for the lip, it's mentioned a few posts up. It's from a company called Scopione USA.
"Car." LOL. that's classic! I love it. ...and thanks for the quick reponse. I think I may get the scoops but I need a few other things first that are more pressing. Then maybe with some extra cash I'll pick those up. I have the BMS DCI's in now and the snorkel doesn't exactly point perfectly towards the DCI's, so the scoops may help.... or it could just be that i'm getting too sucked up in all the marketing. lol. I just want shiny new bits all over her. I want my girl to have pretty things! haha.

...and sorry about the lip question.. I realize now that I did see your previous post and checked Scopione out already. Unfortunately, I'm saving for a moto next month, so I can't justify a 500+ dollar expense for that lip... as beautiful as it is. ...and honestly, I'm thinking about buying the whole 1m Kerscher apron kit. ...again, we'll see. LOL. I can dream, can't I? haha.

Anyway, once again... "Car" is gorgeous. ;-)

...and I love the VMR's. 18's?

So far : LCI Blacklines, BMS LED 6000K AE's, Smoked LED side signals, BMS DCI, VMR 19's, 3mm spacers
Soon : Kerscher front, rear, & side M skirts, aFe red scoops, white "Munich" racing stripes, BMW performance exhaust, 1Addicts.com decals, + many more. ;-)
Appreciate 0