04-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
135i meets its…spiritual predecessor: the 1972 BMW 2002tii

Hey guys, figured I would share some pics from the last weekend. I belong to a classic car club, and often have the privilege to rent some groovy ‘old school’ classic rides. Generally things from the 1960s, such as various Jags, Porsches, Ferraris, Alfas, etc. But for this last weekend, as it was my birthday, I figured I rent something that tops them all – a 1972 pristine 2002tii!

Car is in immaculate condition, as you can see. In retrospect I should have taken more pics on the day I picked it up as opposed to when I returned it (was raining badly and couldn’t do outside shots), but you know what they say about hindsight. I should note that the 2002tii is a bit of a ‘cheat’, under the hood it has…the E30 M3 engine! Some other tweaks include a new(er) 5-spd tranny, lowered suspension, wider rubber, and a Borla exhaust that was louder than the Milltek on my RS4 and Maddad on the 135i taken together!

Rode up some picturesque roads up the Hudson river, spirited drive (and passing nearly every vehicle on the twisty Taconic parkway), amazing how for a 38-yr old car (granted with some refreshes), you can tell that even back then BMW had ‘got it right’! Needless to say I got a lot of honks, stares, waives, questions, people recognized this true beauty and classic.

Here are some pics for your enjoyment!
Attached Images

1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0