JHS130
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM 130i 6MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 130i  [0.00]
My 130i build progress diary...

Hi 1Addicts! I'm finally introducing myself and my new (used) 130i... after two weeks of ownership and almost 1500kms added to the odometer, I still crave driving it all the time

Things I was looking for in my next purchase included: RWD/AWD, manual gearbox, availability of aftermarket parts and ability to be taken to occasional track days. After a few months of researching different vehicles, I couldn't go past the opportunity to experience the communicative feeling of all the driver controls on my old 120i... only with more power! Armed with the advice of some helpful people on this forum, I headed down to Canberra with my brother to check out two examples. Disappointed with the condition and presentation of a certain extremely low mileage example with some BMWP parts (been in a big rear ender by the looks of it), I headed to the second one and couldn't be happier with everything about it. The owners were selling to make way for a 125i convertible and had a race car restoration project from 1953 that he had taken to the F1 Grand Prix historic demonstration before. A test drive, final check and quick negotiation later, the car was mine!

Safe in Sydney, guarded by my brother's car

10 hour drive to Melbourne... taking a break in Yass.

BMW 130i by J.H. Sohn, on Flickr

(Excuse the ugly P plate)

Odometer reading just over 70,000km. Navi reading 545km to Melbourne...

Sorry!

Rained early on in the day

I've got a few things planned in the coming months but I'll be keeping it quite understated in terms of aesthetics as that is one of my favourite points about this car. That's all from me for now.. hope I can make it to the upcoming Albert Park meet to say hi!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES:
  • Page 2: LCI Blackline LED taillights installed, BMWP intake installed, Haunted Hills.

Last edited by JHS130; 09-10-2012 at 01:05 AM..
Appreciate 0