View Single Post
      01-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #35
arok
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i M-Sport

I agree with Dangerlucas, if you don't like Borla's MSRP, then take it up with borla. HP is just listing the price they are told to. It is true that many vendors can offer a lower price via PM... I know this is the case with many products besides exhaust.

Also, about the comment on the Hartge products and how no one raises a stink... the reason (partially) that Hartge is so expensive is that they have been tuning BMW's for many years, it is their specialty. Along with that, it is also an imported product and they have already established their name and quality in the BMW market. Now, is the markup fair? No, but people still buy it knowing that they're getting some of the best stuff.

Borla on the other hand... tons of reviews for great quality on american cars, and they started dipping into imports like subies and MINI, but have yet to establish their name as one of the top... so with that said, and knowing the "average" price of a catback exhaust, it does seem that their high sticker price is over zealous on their part.