DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArightDoom View Post
I did some quick searching but I haven't found anything recent on this:

I'm just over 2200 miles on my 128 and it's been sluggish at low RPMs for a couple hundred miles now. I described it as "unhappy feeling." Do you guys think an oil change is the solution? I called BMW and played stupid to see if I could get a break-in oil change, but that (obviously) didn't work. It'll cost me $150.

Going to an indie mechanic is fine for this kind of thing as long as they use the right filters and don't reset the computer, right?
Is it a step ( AT) ???? ( an oil change will not fix this, in fact there are very few things an oil change will fix )

if so, i suspect you have been babying it till the "break in" passed.. so i think the trans adapted to "very conservative mode"

what you need to do is put the key in, press the start button, but do not start car, then hold down the accelerator all the way to the floor for about 2 minutes. then start car.. trans will readapt and then drive it like you stole it..

there is a small following that will agree to change the oil at this mileage. I dont, but i will do it after a season of tracking + about 5 to 8 auto x's

an indi mechanich better be able to change oil, or else he is not a mechanic. ( tecnician ) and yes, use OEM filters.

welcome !!! BTW..