11-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #23
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Explain why...?

When is the last time you touched a dipstick? OR had use of one? There is no need!

The rationale is that you own a BMW. If something is a matter with your car.. it will tell you, then all you do is drive it in and drive away with a brand new loaner and a hot cup of coffee until they call you back! Why drive around WORRIED... like you cannot sleep and you cannot live not knowing your oil level?

You own a BMW.... it's their problem. Oil level is no concern for the driver/owner... just the dealer! Wake up!

Are you serious? ... I use the dipstick on both of my cars when I want to check the oil as well as when I change the oil in them?

I'm all for sensors to tell me when something is wrong and if it is something that I shouldn't be messing with, I'll take it to the dealer .. but oil changes and the like are something I enjoy doing and shouldn't be considered only a dealer problem ..

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0