Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianstig View Post
Is there any reason you have it mounted all the way over on the passenger side? Most people mount them in the center, or on the driver side so you can glance at the readout. Otherwise thats a bit dangerous to be looking all the way across...
I didn't really glance at it, though I do plan to move it a bit more center. The reason for it being there is, I wanted to hide the cables as much as possible, through the B pillar or A pillar, then under the trims. However, there wasn't enough cable to all the way from the A pillar. Most people leave it in the middle, and the cables are exposed, not a fan of that. If I can find a way, to get it under the covers more centered, then I'll move it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
Yandy, good stuff out there. Some nice mods Creating a good list of items for my current 128i haha.

So anyhow.. I wanna tell you this; Modifying the car isn't that bad at all however you have to always remember, when you raise a car's capability, you have to move with it from driving skills POV...and I think the fella in the previous posts were trying to deliver that message but a bit failed on the comm. part

I wanna give you a different perspective if I can....There are a lot of good drivers out there that started with an Spec E30 such as Mike Skeen, James Clay Anthony Magagnoli etc. May be the one of the sole reasons that they are "good" is; When you can dance with less capable car thru every turn, especially a crap can like an e30 then you start excelling, and gain confidence. There is also the fact there when you can drive a 'momentum' car fast, you start to gain a different sense of limit. At this point, your car is VERY capable...But how much of it are you using?

I didn't start with an E30 just because I found great deal on e36 m3 that I couldn't pass. I did couple years of track days, then became a instructor now running clubracing ranks where I really enjoy the most. Am I still at my cars' capable limit? Close but not there yet...Although I have a recent track record at MidOhio, I am still 1 second at least from cars capability. Go ahead take a look at my youtube channel, you will find the track record video. I am proud of that lap, it still has room to grow although I am at a very similar pace like Conti ST cars that are at least double/triple the value of my current car... I am, may be putting 200 hp to the ground with 3006lbs running weight.

Anyhow long story short; Focus on yourself as much as focusing on your car. Spend sometime with a Driver Coach (not DE instructor) if you are really serious about this addiction. I can refer you to couple if you are interested.

Don't run out of talent before the corner, and don't get scared too late.
Thanks for all the pointers, I do believe that driver skill should be first. I wasn't the most educated into this when I started, didn't buy the car to do this. One day I tried it and got hooked. I'm in it a bit deep (money, mods, and so forth) with this car to really "afford a track car". If I can get a cheap daily beater, then this will be my track car. There's allot of time spent in it, and I guess you can say I'm attached.

There's a guy down here David Tuaty that I plan to soon invest in. I have heard nothing but good comments, and him getting people 3-4 seconds just on the first couple of sessions.

There will be some time/money invested in my skills, as I found out the hard way.

Thanks again for the advice and story line.