View Single Post
      09-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #23
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
That's a soft spot with me because it was my first BMW inline 6. I got extremely good at adjusting the valve lash (remember when you had to do that?). When my car would idle, the loudest sound you heard was the injectors firing. It was beautiful, it was the quietest engine I ever heard.

I'll buy anyone in here a beer who did their own valve adjustments to the ETA 6. I still have the tool if anyone needs one.
Maybe my ETA wouldn't have sounded so much like a 123d if I would have adjusted the valve lash...

I loved my ETA 325e. It was such an amazing car. There were a set of cars I've dubbed the "econo-rockers", and this was my first. For a car to be an econo-rocker, I had to be able to get 30 mpg out of it on the highway, and it had to handle and accelerate very quickly. And it had to have a reasonable price tag to buy. I've run into very few cars like this. Besides my ETA, I had a Saab 900 Turbo that fit the bill, and my current A4 mostly fits. I think the 123d would be the ultimate econo-rocker.
Appreciate 0