07-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #38
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
As usual you post up irrelevant threads that do nothing to prove your case, in fact they usually make you look worse. This is no exception.
The thread you posted is in regard to the 135 not the 128.. A car which has ample power with its 'troublesome' turbo(s). Obviously, a lot more than the 128. Its an easy car to enjoy the power within its stock parameters.
As usual your reading comprehension is a bit lacking. I'm aware that thread is about the 135i and not the 128i. Notice how I said "A timely thread in which 135i owners discuss how they often like the stock tune more". How thick can you be?

Quote:
No the 135 isnt an M car. Funny that you bring that up. You try to compare the 128 to the E36, 46 M3 yet the 128 doesnt come close to the performance of the cars you list. In power or handling. You got youself fooled, thats about it. Take your dark visored helmet off. Its cooking your brain!
Lets compare specs:

E36 M3 vs E82 128i
3219lbs vs 3197lbs
240hp vs 230hp
6800rpm vs 7000rpm
5MT vs 6MT

Yup, we still come to the same conclusion. You have no clue what you are talking about. 128i is almost exactly a modern production E36 M3.

Quote:
The current M3 has a V8, the upcoming model will have a multi turbo plant. The 1M has a N54TT. Its the wave of the future, you can't escape it. So grasp onto your NA I6. Its nowhere near what the M3 I6 was. The N52 is a nice enough engine but seriously now, its not a competitor in todays performance engines or yesteryears.
Like hell I can't. You, nor any car manufacturer will force me into a car with electric steering, turbos, or any variety of automatic. I'll "suffer" through with the 997 GT3, Cayman S/R, E46 M3, and others.

Quote:
I'll choose to post in any thread I care to. Whether you like it or not.
Whatever makes you feel better. It's pretty clear you measure your worth as a car enthusiast by your horsepower figure, and feel threatened when someone doesn't care. If one silly side comment managed to work you up this much, lookout for the crazy.