View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj.rodriguez View Post
Perfect. I have experience with some of Megs 105/205. I find that they dust a lot. Do menzerna dust any more than the 105? And what kind of technique do you employ for the polishes? I have the Intensive polish IP and the Final Finish FF coming in the mail. Any pro tips you can give me? haha
I find that Menzerna likes to dust a lot more than 105...I have used (and still do use) 105/205 and SIP dusts a lot more.

Typically, if the pad isn't primed enough, it will 1-flash pass and you'll notice. It is either a combination of a dry pad, or not enough/too much polish. I've found that Menzerna is a bit more picky than Meguiars polishes, as you need to get this combo just about right to see the positive effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I remember reading somewhere on 1Addicts about Menzerna new polishers... they have some micro particles that break down finer and finer as you use a DA to polish the car. Thats how their products(polishers) are designed.
Yep, Menzerna Polishes break down as you work them, which makes it pretty darn awesome because on some cars you can use SIP and be done with the car (They have Final Finish which is more marketed towards this...but SIP with a proper pad combo can do the same...almost)

Unlike Meguiars, where you can employ the Kevin Brown method (where you use QD and existing polish on the pad to continue and work the polish) you cannot do this on Menzerna.
Appreciate 0