View Single Post
      10-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #14
SchlauCow
Rep
Drives: Honda M6

Nick,

I am almost 100% sure the left ballast is faulty. I got the same error reading on the right side. Again, I have to shut off the lights to '0' then turn them on, wait, and then repeat if the light doesn't turn on... WHen I start my car, I instantly see the little triangle with exclamation mark near my odometer.

I initially ordered 4500k, but I honestly think you guys gave me 6000k. The blue/purple-ish hue still remains. The light is really white with no yellow anywhere. When I look at the reflection of my lightbulbs on other cars, I see purple/blue hues. When I step out and look, same thing. See the pics below and let me know... I also compared side to side of a few other OEM xenons from Audi/BMW while driving, and their lights appear more 'yellow' than mine. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439995 -- I still have more light than my halogens and the 6000k honestly don't seem too bad... but of course, my initial order was 4500k.

I hope the ballast doesn't correspond with temperature, so I can just get a new ballast and be over with this problem.

I will send you an e-mail and reference this thread.

///BREAK///

I am also having an issue with my dome lights. They do not turn on while I am driving. The floor lights will turn on and the spotbeam lights turn on, but not the dome lights. Has this occurred before? What could be the issue? The same thing applies to my glovebox LED light. It turns on, then flashes off then turns back on and flashes... then finally it settles down.

You're correct about fixing the missing LED issue. You asked me for proof via a picture and I also sent that to you, so I hope the issue is now resolved for everyone who orders these.

///BREAK///

Regarding the Weisslicht floor lights -- I love them and I love the color. However, it's just a rather annoying issue to not have them fit. I have them in my 2010 128i and they don't 'click' when you push them in... the OEM ones 'clicked' and caught on the edge to secure the module.

///BREAK///

Regarding the LED sidemarkers, perhaps it would be nice to put this caveat somewhere on your webpage. It's a minor problem and doesn't create errors, but it's not 'normal' to have 'seizure bulbs' without someone thinking 'what the hell was that?'

///BREAK///

The comment about the sweatshop was inaccurate and I redact that. I really have an issue with some of the quality of the products you sell, however, and I stand by my initial assessment of Jlevisw as a whole. I thought maybe it was one thing, or two, but almost everything I've purchased has had some sort of error or discrepancy. It was mostly attention to detail issues.

I'm not looking to get my post count up; I'm looking for an open forum where folks can read about issues and make informed decisions. I initially came to you guys and stated some issues over AIM (mostly to Cal) and in private, but I found the responses slow, lacking, or simply vague. Other responses were helpful. I understand that you're all extremely busy, so I can accept the slow responses sometimes... but after working a long day, the last thing I want is a slow, protracted response to my questions.

Again, if you can make these issues go away, I'll be happy and it will all be documented on the thread, then readers can make informed decisions.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0