View Single Post
      12-02-2005, 08:29 AM   #1
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Broken1's broken 320d. Vibration Dampener?

If this sounds dramatic, it's because BMW pissed me off!

Okay, so you might have read my thread yesterday about the clutch slipping? If not, it's in the drivetrain section (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8511)

Today, the slipping feeling of the clutch has turned into a shudder - the whole vehicle shudders (along with that clutch slipping feeling) on pull off. I was parked near a wall, and with my windows open (because it's hot here) I heard this weird noise. Jumped out of my car, and it's bad...there is something wrong.

The BMW service man said that the Vibration Damper was pulling (??) and that I must book the car in (earliest date is the 14th of December) and left me with the service receptionist to book the appointment. When I wanted to ask if that might be too long to leave a problem he was gone.

---------------------------
Now this is where they pissed me off. I drove down to the F1 style service department to ask one of the technitions to listen to the car, and explain to me how serious it is. When i get there, one service tech starts listening to the car and taking concern, while a manger type person runs upstairs to the service desk.

The service tech was ready to get the part and start working on the car, when the original guy who helped me comes down and goes "Whats the problem here" to which I said that I was just looking to see how serious it is, because they could only book me for the 14th - and I don't want to get stuck as I am doing alot of travelling in the next few days. He was very rude and basically treated me like I was waisting their time. BAD attitute
-------------------

Who know's what a Vibration Damper is - and what would cause it to pull and how bad is that?

Could this vibration damper have to do with the shudder at pull off?

Is it okay to drive for the next 2 weeks and cover over 1500km's?
Appreciate 0